Though rumors to the contrary abound, I am, indeed, quite alive. Perhaps I have been more contemplative (not mopey) than usual. Perhaps I just haven’t had much to say. I’m not really sure of the cause…but I will endeavor to be my typical, more chatty self. :-)
There have been lots of happenings to ponder over lately, though. Thoughts on Urbana are still quietly rolling around, waiting to boil over into articulation. (Hold your breath.)
God has given me some new insight on a couple of specific things, and that’s helping to change the way I look at things in general.
He is definitely working to soften my attitudes, especially when it comes to my expectations of others (and how I react when they don’t happen to meet them).
And like a certain friend of ours, He is continually tapping me on the shoulder to remind me of His presence…only when I turn to look, He doesn't duck out of sight.
He's there.
I’m having dinner with my mentor tonight (unless I get snowed in). It’s been so long since we’ve met…with Urbana and the holidays…I’m really looking forward to our sure-to-be-interesting-and-edifying conversation. I don’t think I’ve ever walked out her door without having been encouraged, challenged, and supplied with fresh reading material. Good stuff.
May you find joy in the weather you’ve been given…but be careful out there!
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Certain friend of ours..." Love it. No further comment.
Hello my Shannon! I hope your week has been going well! I'll see you tonight at TNT! EXCLAMATION POINTS!
The word verification word of the day is ozbqigo. I wish I could pronounce that, it looks like it would be fun to say. Oh-zee-BEEK-ego maybe?
Post a Comment