2006 -
There were upheavals and plateaus, broken relationships…restored relationships, incredible retreats and even more incredible charges forward.
I’ve experienced piercing heartache and heart wrenching joy.
Some dreams were mourned for and buried while a new dream had me diving into the depths of the sea to discover a wonderful world of promises and beauty...a world in which every breath I take is a precious reminder of God’s faithfulness.
I’ve seen the blessings that come with obedience and the corrections that follow defiance.
I’ve found sweet rest on the Sabbath.
But most importantly, I’ve been bid to follow my Christ, Who is ever-beckoning me closer to Him. I’ve stumbled, I’ve crawled, and I’ve run head-long…but each day, He patiently holds out His hand…"Come to Canaan, come."
(What? You expected specifics?)
Monday, January 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Deleted comment is mine. There was a major grammatical error that affected understanding of said comment:
Note to self: Must not read Shannon's blog at work. Shannon's blog is rather tear-inducing. Shannon also has a hidden English major within her. Shannon may have a hidden poetry minor as well.
WHY am I reading this again?! I love the whole thing. The part about sweet rest on the Sabbath made me smile and then the last paragraph is the one that makes me cry. Leave stoic Jen alone! She was doing OK! (Just kidding...it's so good. You guys shouldn't have made looks at each other when you were talking about that book--makes me want to read it even more to know that you are both thinking it will be THAT good for me.)
Shannon has had her own share of tears at work this morning, thanks to June.
I think I'm going to order that book today...
We are such a pathetic mess of waterworks. I think God's laughing at me (in a good way. I'm laughing at myself too, so it's more like we're laughing together).
Post a Comment