Tuesday, January 9, 2007

fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!

If the past nine days are any indication of what this year is going to be like, we are all in for some serious turbulence. 2007 has come in like a lion…and not a tame lion. I’ve already been nearly suffocated with despair and then swept up to dizzying heights…and that was just this weekend. (Dramatic, I know…but true.)

God is so good.

Last night, our small group met for the first time in weeks. To say it was good to get together again would be a vast understatement. Our discipline of study was Meditation and I had been looking forward to discussing this one since we started meeting. Can you say “Exceeds Expectations?” I am continually amazed at how God blesses us through genuine, open, and vulnerable fellowship with each other. I was humbled, challenged, encouraged, amused, and moved to tears (!). Can you say “Abundant Life?”

May God pour out His extravagant love on each of you this day, and may you soak up every last ounce…




**This post has included gratuitous references to film, literature, and AP. Bonus points if you can spot them all.**

5 comments:

JR said...

The joy in the journey is enough to make a grown man cry. What about grown women at work?! Still searching for the film reference (if it's MP, I know I'm in serious doo-doo with you. I swear I've seen it!)

amy deLine said...

June, June, June. I believe the film, literature and AP are all in the same sentence...in other words: they're the same thing. Am I right? Do I get bonus points, rabbi Shannon? I don't know if I got actual bonus points on the Blogette's "test," but I sure hope I can get some here =).

But to more important things...HOW AWESOME IS GOD! I love small groups and when they work the way they're supposed to it's quite amazing.

Praising God in Mt. P...

Anonymous said...

You're both right. Kinda. But not right enough for the bonus points. Yes, Ames, one of the references crosses all genre boundaries...but there's a film quoted that is perhaps a little too obscure. It's not obscure for me...cause it's one of my "favorite movies" but no...not MP.

JR said...

All About Eve! (The only one I know NOTHING about)

JR said...

Oh oh oh! I'm right! Go me! I'm reading the quotes on IMBD, it sounds funny. Add it to movie night, Shannon...Goonies, Anne, Monty Python, Eve...it's gonna be a full night of movies.

To sum it up: we've got CS Lewis (and if you want to stretch it, the Narnia movie), some major AP and then we've got some "All About Eve" tossed in for a little mystery. Do I get bonus points?!