Thursday, January 4, 2007

admitting defeat

*sigh*
I give...

It is with much trepidation that I enter into the mania of the blogosphere. Humbly, (and finally) I submit myself to the scrutiny of you, Dear Reader. Be gentle... as I have no idea what I'm doing. But I read something tonight that compelled me to draw out the white flag of surrender and click on "Create Blog." I will share that something with you, but don't expect to make a connection between the thought and the click. In fact, don't even expect elaboration on the thought.....I spent so much time playing with the template that I haven't enough left for actual content. Therefore, my first post (which may be representative of every post hereafter) will be short and nearly pointless.

The Thought:
(from Tainted Love by David Mark Brown)

"We allow ourselves to be convinced that God is holding out on us, and our needs and desires can be better fulfilled under our own management. We suspect that satisfaction lurks out there and God would withhold it from us."

And that, Gentle Reader, is what I leave you with. But I will return, and we can continue to stumble along together....Canaan-bound.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

YEA!!!! I'm so excited Shannon that you have a blog now!!! (Hence all the exclamation points!) Looking forward to reading...if your posts are even half as awesome as your e-mails, this blog will be the most-visited blog of all time!

JR said...

Castle walls are crumbling... :D So, Shannon's blog already kicks my blog's butt...I'M SO EXCITED! (Remember that episode of Saved by the Bell?? Funny.)

Anonymous said...

I don't know June...the Coffee Shop may just beat us all. Even if it's not quite up and running yet. I already want to comment on it, and there isn't even a post!

amy deLine said...

Two more blogs to read this semester! How am I to do any homework? Every time I get online I check blogs right after e-mail and I stay on WAY too long and then I realize I have mountains of homework to do but still I read and read.

With that said, I look forward to reading your blogs in order to procrastinate well.

JR said...

I can't believe you put the link up for NG already! It looks AWFUL!

JR said...

Also, I LOVE the combo of your "about me" with that picture of you on the narrow sidewalk (that IS you, right?) So perfect.