My much anticipated Precepts study on Daniel started this week. As important as the overview lessons are, I’m anxious to dig into the book by chapter and verse. Hopefully, it will give me something to post about! It will definitely give me something to discuss with my dear friend Amy, which is convenient, given that all other topics were exhausted on the last leg of our recent trip. Thanks, Ames…I don’t know that I’ve ever had an 11-hour conversation before…but I’ve certainly never had one so enjoyable.
I’ve also started something new that should help me be more intentionally aware of God’s hand in my life and the lives of those around me. Will let you know how that goes…
Maybe it’s just the new digit at the end of my datestamp…but I feel the stirrings of change. (It could be the odd spring-like weather, too.) I don’t know. I can almost hear the rustle of impending adventure. I am in an entirely different frame of mind than I was at my last posting. Even my dreams seem to suggest a shift in current…but that’s probably more of a reflection of my time in Daniel rather than anything to do with reality.
Speaking of dreams (and reality)…I found myself doing something rather…peculiar…today. (Read: utterly and desperately neurotic) I woke up this morning remembering my dream quite clearly. In it, I had a conversation with a friend that troubled me. As I was taking a shower, wholly understanding that it occurred in a dream and did not actually happen, I started to contemplate why this friend said certain things.
Seriously.
Fully aware that I MADE IT UP IN MY HEAD, I still mulled over every word, nuance, and gesture…tried to search out his real motives. ..and then attempted to predict what would have happened if the dream hadn’t ended.
I need to be institutionalized. (Not where old people go, Jared...where CRAZY people go.)
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She lives! I'm glad your 11 hours was more fruitful than mine and I especially like the institutionalization bit at the end...poor Jared. I don't think that you need to be institutionalized, though--you're not crazy. Or old.
Post a Comment