
After having been asked several times this past week what I am currently reading, I decided to try blogging about it. Then, just this morning in small church, it was suggested that we journal about what we read. So, here we are. The benefits of this should be at least threefold:
Benefit #1. It will hold me more accountable to actually finishing the books I start…and starting the books I’m holding. (Hence the riveting new sidebar selection “Off the Bookshelf.”) Dear Reader, you (and the other three girls that view this blog) are encouraged to ask me about any and all of these listed items.
Benefit #2. It will nudge me to be more reflective on what I’m taking in. Too often I’ll read something with the potential to inspire me beyond the moment, I’ll finish with a sigh of satisfaction and then move on to the next book…and the moment is lost.
Benefit #3. It will give me something to post about.
On a side-note, many thanks to those that have been my faithful friends, remembering me in your prayers these past weeks. I just re-read my last post and am praising the Lord for pulling me from off the floor. Surely your prayers have contributed to the lifting up.
3 comments:
Dear Reader here. How's Brothers coming along? I FINALLY finished the wretched That Hideous Strength. I kind of liked it toward the end--it just took so long to get there! Maybe it will be better next time around. Perelandra was. Stoked for Anna Karenina.
I KNEW you were gonna ask me about the one I've been ignoring the most! Maybe I'll pick it up again this afternoon...
Mwa ha ha!! My devious scheme has worked. OK, not really. I only asked about that one because of my recent Russian literature obsession. I had no way of knowing that you haven't been reading that lately.
Post a Comment